1. Navigate to your Shopify Dashboard, on the left-hand section, click on the menu item – Products.
2. After clicking Products, you will be navigated to Products main page. On this page, you will be able to view all the existing products in your store.
3. To add a new product to your existing portfolio, click on Add Product button located on the top right corner of the screen.
4. After clicking Add Product button, you will be navigated to Add Product editor page. On this page, you will be able to add all the details about the products, images, prices, variants and much more.
5. Add a Title to your product
6. Continue it with adding a Description to the Product. In the Description section, you have various editing options, primary ones include
- Formatting options – paragraph, heading <1,2,3,4 etc>, blockquote etc
- Fonts – bold, italic & underline
- Lists – numbers, dots
- Text alignment – left, right, and center
- Text colors
- Other edit features including - hyperlink, table, images, video etc
7. Under Organization section, you will be able to add identifiers and labels to the added product that includes – Product Type, Vendor, Collections and Tags
8. Scroll Down. Add the rest of images related to the product that is being added to the portfolio in the Images section. You can either drag and drop or upload the images by clicking on Upload Images link in this section.
9. To add the price of the product, scroll Down to Pricing section and add the price in the Price field. To add comparison price, add the amount in Compare at Price field. If taxes are applicable for the product, enable Charge Taxes on This Product checkbox.
10. Scroll Down to Inventory section. Add SKU code in SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) field (Note: A SKU is a unique code consisting of letters and numbers that identify characteristics about each product, such as manufacturer, brand, style, color, and size.)
In the Barcode field add information of the product related to ISBN, UPC, GTIN etc. From Inventory policy, select the policy that is related to the product in context.
11. To add shipping information for the product, Scroll Down to Shipping section. If the product that is being added is a physical product, enable This is a Physical Product Checkbox.
Add Weigh information about the product in Weight field. You can add weight in different conversion (metric and imperial) including – kg, lb, oz and g.
Input HS Traffic Code if any available.
Select the fulfilment information in the Fulfilment Service drop-down.
12. If the product being added has many variants that you want to showcase, scroll down to Variants section. To add a variant for the product click on Add Variant link on the upper right side of the section.
13. Variants can be of different types, classified under colors, sizes, versions etc. In this section, in the Option Name field, please put the classification type i.e. colors, sizes, versions etc.
In the Option values, add all variants under the classification type and separate it by a comma.
The variants that can be created in this section are size, color, and material. However, it can be changed to other things depending on your need. Fill in the information to each variant such as price, SKU and barcode. To add another variant to the product, click on Add another option and repeat the above step.
14. To make the product easily searchable on search engines, Scroll down to Search Engines Listing Preview section. Here you can preview product URL listing on search engines.
To edit SEO related meta information such as Page Title, Meta Description and URL, click on Manage SEO on the top right corner of the section. You will be navigated to SEO edit page where you can modify Page Title, Meta Description, and URL as per your research.
Click on Save Product button at the end of Add Product page to save and add the product to your current portfolio.