1. Navigate to your Shopify Dashboard and from the left column menu, click on 'Products link' and then click on 'All Products'.
2. On the right-hand side of your screen, your products will be displayed, which will list all products of your Shopify store.
3. Search for the product that you want to add images for the color swatches.
4. Click on the Product link. You will be navigated to Product editor page.
5. Scroll down to Variants section. Note that swatches are primarily relevant for when the Variant type is ‘Colors’.
6. Against each of the variant item, click on the second image column. You will be displayed with a 'Select Variant Image' popup.
7. Click on 'Add Image' and upload a relevant image that is ideal for the variant color. Once an image is uploaded, click on 'Save' button in the popup. This will close the popup.
8. Now you are back to the Product Editor page. On the bottom right corner, click on 'Save' button.
9. Preview the changes by clicking on 'View link', located just under the Product Name (Heading), in the Product Editor page. Click on each swatch to check if the display image of the product changes accordingly.