Image with text overlay
With Booster theme, your store's home page can feature a large image with overlying text that gives a first impression of your brand:
You can add a button on the image to direct your customers to any page in your store. You can also change the alignment of the image within the section, adjust the section height, and choose also the alignement of the text.
When you provide the header text for your image, the Image with text overlay section is automatically renamed to the header text you provide.
To create an image with text overlay:
Click the Sections tab.
Click Image with text overlay.
In the Image area, click Select image, and then do one of the following:
- To select an image you have already uploaded to your Shopify admin, click the Library tab.
- To select a stock image from Shopify's Burst stock image collection, click the Free imagestab. From here you can enter a search term, or browse the image categories.
- To select an image from your local computer, click the Library tab, and then click the plus button.
Choose how you want to align the image in the section by selecting Top, Middle, or Bottom from the Image alignment list.
Enter a new title for this section in the Heading field.
Enter the text that you want to display below the header in the Text field.
From the Section height list, select an image height.
If your image is larger than the section height you select, the image will be cropped. To make sure that important aspects of the image stays visible, use the following image sizes:
- Extra small: 1200px by 200px
- Small: 1200px by 300px
- Medium: 1200px by 375px
- Large: 1200px by 650px
- Extra large: 1200px by 775px.
From the Text size list, select a size for the slideshow text.
In the Button label field, enter the text you want to appear on the button.
In the Button link field, select a page in your store that you want the button to link to.