How to add a video section to your Shopify Store’s Home Page in Booster Theme 2.0?
Main Menu of Booster 2.0
1. Navigate to the Main Menu, under the header menu drop down select Home Page.
2. On the left-hand side of the menu, click on Sections tab where you will be displayed with multiple subsections that you can include on your home page.
3. Scroll down to Video section. Click on the eye icon on the button to either show or hide Video section on your homepage (move to step 5).
4. If there is no Video subsection in the Sections menu, click on Add Section, then click on Video and proceed to click on Add button. Close the Add Section menu and move to step 3.
5. To set up a Video section on your Home page click on the last icon in the Blog Posts button (represented as a 3x2 array of dots). This displays series of setting options on the left hand side of your screen.
6. You have the following options to configure your video section on your home page:
- Click on Video submenu under Content section to edit an existing video content. After clicking Video submenu, you will be navigated to a Video edit section.
To enable the existing video to be displayed in the video section, enable the Enable Video checkbox. Once enabled, you can now add the following:
- Add a title to your video by placing the title text in Video Title text field
- Please note that you can add only Youtube content in this section. Hence make sure all your videos are uploaded on a YouTube channel to be accessed and displayed in this section. Put your YouTube video ID in the ID of the YouTube video that you want to display on the store’s homepage
- From the style drop down menu, select AutoPlay to play the video automatically when a visitor hovers over the video. Select Video with Play Button to make the video play only when the user clicks on the play button (positioned on the top of the video)
- From the Controls drop down menu, select No Controls if you want the visitor only view the video and have only control to pause and play the video. Select Controls to give the store visitors all controls on the video like – play, pause, volume control, video settings, maximize and minimize, etc.
- Provide a description for the video in Video Description text field
- To remove the existing video all together, click on Remove Content link.
- Add New Video Content – To add a new video content to the existing video block, click on Add Video link. This will navigate you to a new Video edit section. Provide all details as mentioned in section 6
- To remove an existing video content, click on Remove section button. This will remove a Video section from your Home Page.