How to add Featured Collection section to your Shopify Store’s Home Page in Booster Theme 2.0?
Main Menu of Booster 2.0
1. Navigate to the Main Menu, under the header menu drop down select Home Page.
2. On the left-hand side of the menu, click on Sections tab where you will be displayed with multiple subsections that you can include on your home page.
3. Scroll down to Featured Collection button. Click on the eye icon to either show or hide Featured Collection section on your homepage (move to step 5).
4. If there is no Featured Collection subsection in the Sections menu i.e. in the home page, click on Add Section, then click on Featured Collection and proceed to click on Add button. Close the Add Section menu and move to step 3.
5. To set up a Featured Collection section on your Home page click on the last icon in the Featured Collection button (represented as a 3x2 array of dots). This will display series of setting options on the left-hand side of your screen. Some of the options include -
- Heading – To add heading to the Featured Collection list, add a title in Heading text field.
- Collection – To add a Featured Collection of products, click on Change button and click on the list of collections listed. If there are not collections created, click on Create Collection to create a new one for the Featured Collection section (refer to point 7 in this section to learn more about how to create a collection)
- Product per row (on the desktop) – To set number of products per ro (for desktop)
- Number of rows – To set the number of rows in the Featured Collection. If the collection cannot be accommodated within the set number of rows and products per row, enable View All button.
- Show Product Vendors – To display Product vendor’s name against each product in the Featured collection.
- Show View All Button – To enable View All button. This is ideal when the set number of rows and products per row collectively is less than the number of products in the collection selected for the section.
- Button Style – To set the style of the View All button product
- Product per Row (on mobile) - To set number of products per row
- Button Background color and Text color – To set background and text color of the View All button.
6. How to add create a Collection of Products in Booster Theme 2.0?
In continuation from point 5.b → Click on Create Collections link on the top right corner of the Select collection menu.
- Step 1 – Upon clicking Create Collections, you will be navigated to a new Create Collection page.
- Step 2 – Provide a name to the collection in the Title text field. Add description to the collection in the Description text editor field
- Step 3 – In the Conditions section, either select products for the collection manually or add conditions for an automatic listing of products for the collection.
If Manually select products field is enabled, you will be able to select products on the next page after clicking on Save Collections button.
If Automatically select products based on conditions is enabled, add conditions. You can add as many conditions for filtering the products for the collection.
- Step 4 – Add a Featured image by uploading an image in the Collection Image section.
- Step 5 – Click On Save Collection (Note that we have opted for a manual selection of products for the collection). Upon clicking on Save Collection button, you are navigated to the newly created Collection’s page. Here under Products section, Add products to the Collection by clicking on Add Products field.
- Step 6 – Click on Save button to save the collection.
7. To completely remove Featured Collection section from your home page, click on Remove section button.