Main Menu of Booster 2.0
1. Navigate to the Main Menu, on the header menu drop down select Blogs.
2. On the left-hand side of the menu, click on Sections tab where 3 subsections of your blog page that includes – Header, Blog Pages, and Footer. You can separately setup these 3 subsections of your blog page.
How to set up Header of your Blog page in Booster Theme 2.0?
1. Under the Sections tab, click on Header button.
To read more about how to set up your Blog page Header – Read More
How to set up Blog Pages’s main section in Booster Theme 2.0?
1. Navigate to Sections tab from your Main Menu of Booster 2.0. Click on add section > Blog Pages to make changes and to set up for the main section of your blog page.
2. In this Settings section, you can make changes to the following parameters of your Blog’s main section:
- Show Banner Image (Check Box) – Enabling this checkbox will display the Banner Image on the top of the Blog main section, provided a Banner Image that is uploaded in the Banner Image section (5.c).
- Enable Parallax (Check Box) – Enabling this checkbox will make your Blog page Parallax in nature, provided that Show Banner Image checkbox is enabled.
- Banner Image (Image Edit/Remove/Upload) – In this field, you can add/remove the banner image or edit alt text to the added one.
To add a banner image, click on Change button, Select an image from the library and click on Select button.
TO add Alt text to the Selected Image, click on Edit button. Here you will find a field labeled Image Alt Text, add alt text in this field and click on Save button.
If there is already a Banner Image selected in your Sections > Blog Pages, you can remove it by clicking on Remove button.
3. Layout (Drop Down) – Labels under this Drop down menu will set up how all your individual blogs should be viewed by the user on the main blog page. Select List to display all blogs of your Shopify store as a list or select Grid to display all blogs of your Shopify store as a Grid/Tiled with individual featured images.
- Show Author (Check Box) – Enabling this checkbox will display the Author’s name in individual blog content pieces.
- Show Date (Check Box) – Enabling this checkbox will display the content uploaded date in individual blog content pieces.
- Show Comment Count (Check Box) – Enabling this checkbox will display the number of comments individual blog content pieces have received far.
How to set up Footer of your Blog page in Booster Theme 2.0?
Setting Footer for your Blog page is practically the same as setting up footer for any other pages. Visit our article – ‘How to set Footer in Boostertheme 2.0’
What are some of the advanced setting options for your blog page in Booster Theme 2.0?
1. Navigate to the Main Menu, under the header menu drop down select Blogs.
2. On the left-hand side of the menu, click on Sections, then click on Edit this Blog button to set up additional parameters to your blog including – Title, Feedburner URL, Search Engine Listing Preview such as Page Title, Meta Description, URL/Handle. You also have additional option to Manage comments with fields for disabling comments, moderation and automatic publishing of comments.
- Title – To give your complete set of blogs a title, enter the title text in Title field.
- Feedburner URL – A Feedburner is a third-party service that delivers a feed of your blog content to customers who subscribe.
- Search Engine Listing Preview – In this section, you will be able to preview your blog on search engines. To edit SEO information, click on Edit Website SEO on the top right corner of Search Engine Listing Preview section. This opens up a separate section to key in Page Title (up to 70 characters), Meta Description (up to 340 characters) and URL to the blog page.
- Click on Comments are disabled checkbox to not allow your blog visitors to comment on your blogs.
- Click on Comments are allowed, pending moderation checkbox to route all comments through the store administrator for moderation before publishing them
- Click on Comments are allowed, and are automatically published checkbox to allow visitors to directly post their comments on the blog posts without any moderation from the administrator.
How to add a blog section to your Home Page in Booster Theme 2.0?
Main Menu of Booster 2.0
1. Navigate to the Main Menu, under the header menu drop down select Home Page.
2. On the left-hand side of the menu, click on Sections tab where you will be displayed with multiple subsections which you can include on your home page.
3. Scroll down to Blog Posts button. Click on the Eye icon on the button alternatively to either show or hide blog post section on your homepage (move to step 5).
4. If there is no Blog Posts subsection in the Sections menu, click on Add Section, then click on Blog Posts and then click on Add button. Close the Add Section menu and move to step 3.
5. To set up a Blog Posts section on your Home page click on the last icon in the Blog Posts button (represented as the 3x2 array of dots). This will display series of setting options on the left-hand side of your screen.
6. Some of the setting options for your Blog Posts section on the home page include:
Note: All these below settings are limited to Blog Posts section on your Home Page only.
- Heading – This is a text field to provide a heading/title to the blog section on your homepage.
- Section to add the blog – A Shopify store allows owners to have multiple blogs on the eCommerce platform. If your website has multiple blogs, you can select from the many options that you want to be displayed in the Blog page section of your homepage.
- Posts - With this option, you can select the number of posts to be featured on Blog Page section of your home page. You can have a maximum of 4 and a minimum of 2 posts in the section.
- Show Featured Image (Check Box) – Enabling this checkbox will display Featured images on all the posts in your Blog page section. If an image is not made available for any post selected for the blog page section, the Featured image for that post will be empty.
- Show Author (Check Box) – Enabling this checkbox will display the author as a respective gesture for the posts on the Blog page section.
- Show Date (Check Box) – Enabling this checkbox will display the content posted date against respective posts in the blog pages section.
- Show Comment Count (Check Box) – Enabling this checkbox will display the number of comments that each post in the blog page section have received.
- Show View All Button ( Check Box) – Enabling this checkbox will display one View All button under the Blog page section of your homepage. Clicking on this button navigates you to the blog (with all its posts) selected for the Blog pages section.
- Button Style – To configure View all button’s style. You are provided with two checkboxes in this section – Full Button and Transparent button. Both these checkboxes can have different values i.e. Check or UnCheck for 4 different style options for View all button.
- Theme Settings – Button Color, Button Text Color, Button Text Alignment
7. To completely remove the blog section from your home page, click on Remove section button provided at the end of Home Page > Sections > Blog Posts.